In pursuit of having an #Olympic mindset, daily I read SPLASH the magazine from USA Swimming. We receive it because my daughter is in swimming. Truth moment: I secretly have wanted to be a competitive swimmer ever since my best friend in grade school took me to to see her swim meet for the first time in 5th grade. Unfortunately, no dice for me but I lucked out! My daughter was born to be a swimmer and chose it on her own not by my pushing. When she was in my womb, the nurse had said “wow, the baby has big feet!”. I said he/she will be a swimmer! Well, she turned out to love swimming. I am one lucky mom as I love to watch her swim and see her smiling face when she looks up to see if I am watching.
I digress. Here is the recipe I found to be perfect for my family and help with getting out of the door to school on time with a healthy, protein-filled tummy!
Muffin Tin Egg Scrambles (SPLASH magazine)
6 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp skim milk
1/2 cup diced vegetables of choice
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup shredded/crumbled cheese (ex. mozzarella, cheddar, goat cheese)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Grease muffin tin with Pam, or by wiping oil on the inside of each cup. Alternative is to use muffin wrappers (double them up
to prevent sticking)
2) Preheat oven to 375. Heat oil on medium-high heat and lightly saute vegetables to desirable tenderness.
3) Remove veggies from skillet, and divide cooked vegetables into each of the 6 cups. Divid crumbled/shredded cheese evenly
between cups as well.
4) Beat eggs in medium mixing bowl and add skim milk. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup, filling to
approx. 3/4 full.
5) Bake for 15-20 min. until lightly golden. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Serving 2 egg scrambles
Total Calories: 246
Protein: 16 g
Fat: 18 g
Sat. Fat: 4 g
Vitamin E: 5mg
Folate: 87.8 DFE
ENJOY!! Let me know how you and your family like them!